Friday, December 26, 2008

Back at the track!

G'day mates (sorry, I had to)! We are back to racing on this fine eliminations day here at WSID. Top Fuel eliminations are scheduled to begin at 4:30 p.m. local time, but I have heard that that time may get pushed back some due to the high temperatures. It is really warm here at 12:45 p.m. and is expected to only get warmer until sunset. The humidity here is really stout at the moment, too.

The Team Kalitta crew guys are back in the pits getting the dragster ready. I spoke with Jim"O" last night after all the dust had settled and he said he was just not backing the car down enough. It was sticking pretty good until about 2.5 seconds and then it just kept overpowering the race track. In essence we brought a 4.40 ('cause it's a quarter-mile here, ya know) date to a 4.80 prom. He told me he was gonna de-tune a little more for today's eliminations and hopefully get all the way down the track.

Thanks for stopping by and I will check in a bit later.

6 comments:

Mr Adams said...

I wonder if the crew chiefs of the Aussie Top Fuelers are trying to get some tips from Jim O. on how to go faster, while he is looking for tips on how to go slower.

Kalitta Memorial said...

Ha. Good point.

Anonymous said...

It's gonna be tough on everyone...hot track/high humidity...good luck,guys.

Mr Adams said...

Needless to say, I'm a big Hillary Will fan and a Kalitta Racing fan. I want Will to win this race, but if she doesn't I'm still proud of her and the whole team for going the extra miles to carry the Kalitta flag. I know it would have been a lot easier to just relax in the off-season and I'm glad they didn't.

Anonymous said...

Hello Todd!
Thank you so much for all the updates. You have really done an incredible job of allowing all of us bloggers the chance to visit Australia as well! Did eliminations get pushed back? Just got in from plowing snow and wonder what's happening in OZ? 8-)

Kalitta Memorial said...

Thanks, Randy! We have been pushed back to a 6:00 p.m. local start, 2:00 (ET) if the weather clears quickly and it looks as if it will...hope so!