Saturday, December 27, 2008

We are back!

Howdy folks! We are back at the WSID track and the skies over the strip are bright and blue. Hopefully it will last and we will get eliminations in today.


As of last night before we left the track, the plan was to run Top Fuel first at 11:00 a.m. just like a Sunday morning at a NHRA event. I'm not sure if that plan is concrete, but I sure hope so!


As soon as I got into my interim office here in the tower, I saw Jim"O" walking the track. It's a common site for NHRA fans to see that in the states, like the crew chief parade before the pro sessions begin, but it's not common down here. Not sure why but Jim"O" is the only crew chief I've seen inspecting the track from end to end.

4 comments:

WARPATH RACING said...

GO GET EM H.W. Hillary-WILL-Win, lie I told you in Gainesvile '07...

Kalitta Memorial said...

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Now I'm starting to understand the hype with having the Americans there at the track. I can't wait to hear what happens! I've been anxiously waiting all day long. Good luck everyone and sock it to em' Hillary! What's that old American saying around here? "Get'r done!"

Good luck everyone and may the good Lord above bless all of your efforts today!

Kalitta Memorial said...

Thanks, Randy!